Friday, December 30, 2011

I got some hair straightners yesterday that I have been wanting for ages! Any tips on how to use them?

How can you make it so my hair has more volume and isn't totally straight and flat?





Any tips on keeping my hair protected from the heat of the hair straightners?





What is the best temperature to have them on so they won't damage my hair too much? My straightners range from 180 degrees to 230 degrees celcius.





Thankyou! xxxxI got some hair straightners yesterday that I have been wanting for ages! Any tips on how to use them?
How can you make it so my hair has more volume and isn't totally straight and flat?





-Straighten Your Hair Upwards %26amp; Put A Little Bit Of Hair Spray At The Roots





Any tips on keeping my hair protected from the heat of the hair straightners?





-Heat Protecter Charles Worthington Have A Good One





What is the best temperature to have them on so they won't damage my hair too much? My straightners range from 180 degrees to 230 degrees celcius.





-Try On 180 Then Keep Getting Higher And When They Stop Improving Stay On That Setting.I got some hair straightners yesterday that I have been wanting for ages! Any tips on how to use them?
Make sure you get some heat protection spray ^^ x
Ok.. I'm going to tell you what I do to protect my hair and keep volume :)





You should wash your hair using a moisturising shampoo and conditioner because straightening your hair can make your hair VERY dry. I use moisture rich Tresemme shampoo and conditioner.





After washing my hair I spray Tresemme Heat Defense over my hair (I also highly recommend an Aussie spray which can be used instead of Tresemme to protect the hair) These can be found in your local chemist or Boots, Superdrug etc. and you should spray all over your hair and then carefully brush afterwards. I also use a Pantene Pro-V mousse specifically for creating volume which you can also purchase from a chemist type strore, you turn the bottle upside down and spray a bit onto your hand and dab it here and there over your head. Don't rub it into the scalp too much or too near the front of your head otherwise your hair will become greasy. This mousse also gives you an extra lovely shine :)





Also, for extra volume, when drying your hair pick up the hair with your hairbrush and dry down the strands.. Pick the hair up from the top of the head as if you were pushing your hand up your hair.. Like they do in salons in a way.





When it comes to straightening, don't straighten your hair from the very top of your head, otherwise this will just flatten all the volume you've just expertly created! Straighten from a bit furthur down when your hair starts to hang off the side of your head.





Your hair would probably straighten best at its highest temperature, but why not try to straighten a strand at 180 degrees? And if this doesn't straighten it enough, turn up the temperature until you find the perfect temperature to straighten your hair :) if you end up using your straighteners at 230 degrees it shouldn't matter because this is still a safe temperature.





For an extra tip, after straightening, use a wax of some form. Garnier Fructis isn't bad but I tend to go for the Shockwaves range.. I have a molding wax. They can be found in supermarkets and chemist stores. Take a small amount onto the tips of your fingers, rub it inbetween your hands and apply evenly through all your hair (not on the top of your head though because this will make your hair greasy) The wax will calm down any fly-aways and hold your hair straight all day without making it greasy or waxy looking :)





Sorry it's a lot but it should help! :) x
The hair straighteners won't give you volume, but a good hair product, such as a volumising mousse, should help you achieve the look you're after.
why don't you read the directions
straighten ure hair upsidedown for added volume and use v05 miracle mist before u dry it to protect from the heat x
dont put too much heat on them if ur hair is thin, because it'll burn ur hair. and if ur hair straightner is professional like mine, it will have a temperture control meter. my hair is thick, so i have it on 25. thats how high mine goes.
It really matters how thick Ur hair is%26amp;what type ur hair is(frizzy,coarse,wavy,curly,etc.).Usuall鈥?on the box it has a graph of some sort or it tells you on the box what temp to put the straightner at .i use a hair protecter cream before i straighten my hair.use conditioner and shampoo that volmunizes and fights drieness.There are also hair creams that volmunize also.my hair is thick,frizzy,and ummm coarse,so i put mine at 450 F as the graph shows me to.Hope i helped!
you need to blowdry your hair with a big round brush pulling hair up at rather than out or down as you blowdry and tip head up then jus lightly run your straighteners over at bout 180 or if your hairs wavy or frizzy n thick 210.


Either apply some styling creme in your hair before blowdrying id recomend something volumising and this should protect your hair from the straighteners or use a straightening protection spray wen dry. hope this helps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment