Friday, December 30, 2011

How to use Canadian electronics such as cell phone battery charger, laptops, and hair straightners in India?

Can someone please tell me all I need to know in order for my laptop, cell phones, and other electronics to work in India. We use the 110 watts here while there it is 220. I am not very knowledgeable about power adapters and transformers. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me what gadgets I need to buy here in order for my electronics to work in India, and where I can get them here. thanks a lot.How to use Canadian electronics such as cell phone battery charger, laptops, and hair straightners in India?
India's line voltage is 230V running at 50Hz, just like Europe. Whatever information you find online for Europe should also apply to power in India. Laptop is probably fine, just check to make sure that it can operate off of 100-240V. You will need a plug adapter for the plug type. Your cell phone may be incompatible with the cell phones in India. Check with your phone service provider and also get the cost to use it there. You can use a voltage adapter with the hair straightner, since that is just a heating element. Appliances with fans in them, such as a hair dryer, don't usually perform will running at 50Hz when they are designed for 60Hz. I would buy the hair dryer there.
  • beach makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment