Friday, December 30, 2011

Hair straightners: How can i protect my hair from the heaT?

Im getting hair straightners for Christmas and i dont want to burn my hair from using them, what sort of stuff do i need to protect my hairHair straightners: How can i protect my hair from the heaT?
buy heat protection spray.. from you hairdressers?


or even from the supermarket.. like treseme ?


also, try not to straighten you heair EVERY day,, i used to and my hair became VERY damaged.. i dont do it everyday now and it seems to be in better condition and is growing quicker.





hope this helps:) xHair straightners: How can i protect my hair from the heaT?
The only one that will protect your hair and give the best look is one that has ceramic plates. I was at the mall and this guy did a demonstration with the ceramic one and it was the best I have ever seen my hair!!! The only problem is that they run $80 + for a good one. Make sure to find one with ceramic PLATES not just ceramic heat.
First buy a heat protecting serum like Redkens Heat glide. If you don't already use a leave in conditioner, I would suggest Infusium 23 leave in conditioner. These two products are good in helping protect your hair. Now...





1. If you have the time, let your hair air dry versus, blow drying it and then straightening it. No more extra added heat, and the hair is less frizzy when it dries naturally.





2. You want the iron hot enough so you don't have to make repeated passes over the same section of hair. One good pass should do it.
There are a lot of heat protectors like Chi Silk Infusion or Aussie Sydney Smooth Styling Heat Protector + Leave-in Conditioner.


Here are some pics:


CHI Silk Infusion


http://www.stylebell.com/v/vspfiles/phot鈥?/a>


CHI 44 Iron Guard


http://www.beautychoice.com/images/produ鈥?/a>


Aussie Heat Protector


http://www.aussie.com/us/collections/syd鈥?/a>





You can get these products at your local drug store, like Longs Drugs, or Beauty Supply stores like ULTA or Sally's Beauty Supply
i had the same problem.





a) on a budget: - got2b crazy sleek: can be purchased at walmart, ect.


b)got some money to spend: redken starch heat protection


biolage heat protection
exactly what u need! : )





http://beautygeeks.files.wordpress.com/2鈥?/a>
when I straighten my hair, I use tressemme heat protection, it's really good. but you can use any kind of heat protection spray...x
try using thermal heat protector spray.


it doesnt totally protect it, but it does a pretty good job
i use tresemme heat protection spray

No comments:

Post a Comment